Sunday, January 11, 2009


CARRIE: I actually started out by trying to sew yarn through paper to make the shapes above. I soon realized that I would be "sewing" for a month or so if I continued down that route and decided to simulated stitching on the computer instead. I wanted to pull together the knitted theme we had going on along with the art of needlepoint. It was fun to do be a seamstress for a few hours even if it was mostly digitally! Looks like Morgan and I went in two totally different directions with this weeks inspiration which is so fun to see!




MORGAN: Although this week's posts were quite inspirational to me, for some reason, I was drawing a complete blank when it came to our "original pieces" project for the weekend...yikes! So, as I scanned back through our inspiration, I noticed there were a lot of cool lettering techniques and a plethora of fibers as a medium. So, I dug through my craft/sewing/art drawers and what I came up with was ribbon. Et...Voila! Lettering + Ribbon = the ribbon numbers seen above! They were actually pretty fun to create and as a graphic designer who works with computerized fonts on a daily basis, it's refreshing to look at letterforms in a new way. I can't wait to see what Carrie comes up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment